This match is to honor the memory of our dear friend Layne, his passion for our club and to the action shooting sports. Proceeds (after expenses) will to go to his favorite charities.
This match, as Layne was, is all about having fun, camaraderie and good sportsmanship, and little about serious competition. We will still keep score, but the only prize for the top shooters is bragging rights. The big prize will be a special trophy for the person that has the most fun and is the most sportsmanlike. At the end of the day everyone will be a winner as there will be a large prize table with something for everybody. Prizes will be awarded by random draw at the end of the match.
The match will consist of the following stages:
- Steel Challenge
- Shotgun 5 Stand Sporting clays (Shotgun and ammo supplied)
- Precision 22lr rifle. (Rifle and ammo supplied) Some lucky person will take this rifle home with them.
Competition rules will be relaxed without compromise to firearm safety.
In keeping with the spirit of having fun, shooters can choose any firearm to shoot any of the action stages from the list below. For example, you could shoot a 22LR rifle on Steel Challenge stage and then a centerfire pistol on an IDPA stage. You will need at least 3 magazines, 5 is best for Steel Challenge:
- 22LR pistol,
- 22LR rifle,
- Pistol Caliber Carbine,
- Centerfire Pistol.
- Sights can be irons or optics,
- Semi Auto or Bolt Action but no tube fed magazines
- Some range rules:
- NO magnum calibers.
- Rifles must be chamber flagged and carried weak hand muzzle up
- You may shoot pistols from the low ready or the holster (must be holster qualified)
- Pistols not holstered must be boxed/bagged at all times except at the firing line.
- These and other range rules to be discussed at safety brief prior to the start of the match
- Lunch will be provided and is included in the match fee.
- Onsite rough camping is available Saturday night and, weather permitting, a campfire and meet and greet.
- Match fee is $60 and must be prepaid by EMT prior to squading approval.
- EMT is to be sent to email@example.com You must include your name and Layne Leonard in the comment box, No password or security question is required.
- No refunds after August 17, but should match be cancelled for any reason a full refund will be issued.
- All participants must be a member of a certified shooting club. Juniors are welcome but must be competent in safe firearm handling and be accompanied by a qualified adult.
- Registration is on Practiscore Layne Leonard Memorial Outlaw Match Registration | PractiScore
Please Note: Ranges Bravo, Charlie (25, 50, 100, 200), Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, 5 Stand, the Conference Centre and Roadkill Café will not be available for any other use or purpose for the duration of this event.