Hello fellow ELGC members. The action shooting committee has proposed to the club executive that ELGC host a fundraising, action shooting match, in Layne Leonard’s memory. It would be our second annual and consist of all the ELGC shooting disciplines: IDPA, Steel Challenge, 5 Stand and precision long range rifle. There would be prizes for all participants and a trophy for the most sportsmanlike participant, selected by their peers.
As you are all well aware, it will take many volunteers to make a match of this scale to happen and run smoothly.
Oct 1 – October 4.
- Friday, 1 Oct, Stage setup,
- Saturday, 2 Oct, staff shoot,
- Saturday evening, meet and greet,
- Sunday, 3 Oct, Main Match, 60 shooters,
- Monday, 4 Oct, Stage tear down and cleanup,
- Registration will be on Practiscore, follow this link to the Layne Leonard Match: Eagle Lake Gun Club.
Volunteers will be required for the following:
Set up crew
Tear down crew
Evening meet and greet
On site camping
Range safety officers
Prize solicitors (random draw)
Food, Peter Turnbull has taken on this task but will need some help
The details of these tasks can be discussed among the people who take on the job.
If you can help in any capacity on any of the above dates, or if your company or employer can offer support by way of sponsorship or prize donations please put your name forward to me,